Quick and Easy Crochet Football Bottle/Can Koozie
Just in time for the big game! Here is a quick and easy crochet pattern for a bottle/can koozie. Here are written instructions without the standard crochet stitch abbreviations. I used my words 🙂
Crochet Skill Level – Easy
Materials used – scrap, Red Heart Super Saver in Coffee & White, hook size J/10 6.00mm
How long it took to make – about 30 minutes
Start with brown color
- Chain 4, slip stitch into first chain to form a ring
- Round 1 – Double crochet 12 stitches inside ring
- Round 2 – Join with slip stitch, chain 3, double crochet back into same stitch. Double crochet 2 stitches into every stitch – total 24 stitches at end of round
- Round 3 – double crochet in each stitch – total 24 stitches
- Round 4 – Change color to white then Double crochet in every stitch – total 24 stitches
- Round 5 – Change color back to brown then Double crochet in every stitch – total 24 stitches
- Round 6 – 10 – Double crochet in every stitch – total 24 stitches
- Round 11 – Change color to white, Double crochet in every stitch – total 24 stitches
- Round 12 – Change color to brown, Double crochet in every stitch – total 24 stitches
- Cut yarn and tie off
- Using tapestry needle sew in ends then use white yarn to add the football lacing embellishment
Ta-daaa you are done! Just in time to get some koozies on all of the beers that are getting your coffee table wet and messy!
Other notes for this project
You can obviously use the same pattern to make any color koozie you want. This is a great project to bust out your scrap stash. It doesn’t have to be a football.
I did not cut either strands of yarn until the end of the project. I just dropped the brown, picked up the white, dropped the white, picked up the brown. I turned the koozie inside out when I was finished so the strings were hidden on the inside. Here’s my dirty secret – I didn’t sew in any of my ends I just tied the loose ends that were on the inside into tight knots to secure them and cut the excess yarn off.
Have a great day! Go Football Teams!
~Tami – Tanglewood Knots