This month the Fantastic Bake Along was a Pizza Party!! Thank you Brenna for giving us an awesome recipe!
I was insanely excited to make homemade pizza because it is one of my favorite things to make!
I absolutely ❤ ❤ ❤ my cast iron pizza pan!! It is my secret weapon for making a nice thick crust that is crispy on the bottom and can hold a TON of toppings.
For the Fantastic Bake Along we used a recipe that Brenna provided: Recipe from Nikki @ Thechefintrainng.com
I decided to make one of my husband’s favorites:
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
I fried up some chicken tenders using my standard recipe for frying chicken:
- Brine boneless skinless chicken breast for at least 5 hours in heavily salted water
- Cut the chicken breasts into chicken tender size pieces
- Bread the chicken using the 3 dredge method – corn starch & flour, egg & water, seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- Fry the tenders in vegetable oil in cast iron skillet
Buffalo Chicken Sauce Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1/2 cup Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup Vinegar (I use ACV but any vinegar would work)
Heat all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted. Whisk to combine. You can adjust the amount of heat in your buffalo sauce by using more or less of the Sriracha.
I put the buffalo sauce into a mixing bowl and working in batches I toss the chicken tenders into it straight out of the frying pan. I give the bowl a swirl so that the tenders are coated then transfer them onto a serving plate.
For pizzas with heavy toppings like this, I prebake the crust for about 15 minutes before adding the sauce and toppings.
I used a pastry brush to put a layer of the Buffalo Sauce onto the crust then ladled plain pizza sauce on top of it. I used a combination of mozzarella and sharp white cheddar cheese. I cut the chicken tenders in to bite size pieces and loaded it on!!
Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese or with a crisp salad and ranch dressing!
This really is so much fun and I can’t wait to see what we’ll be baking up next month!! I hope you’ll join us!!
Be sure to check out everyone else’s Pizza Parties!!
- Tracy @ It’s a T-Sweet’s Day!
- Kathy Reeves @Sewing Etc.
- Emma @Emma’s Craft Projects
- Brennacrocheter @crochet539
- Kate@ Life,Tea,and Everthing
Thanks for reading!!